× Members

All affected claimants will have been issued with migration notices by December?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291702 by Wiggles
Can anyone help clarify this for me?

The newsletter says that 'All affected claimants will have been issued with migration notices by December 2025' but that the migration from ESA to UC will happen in September 2024 - I don't understand this. If the migration starts this year, how can we be notified in the future?

And, how can we find out if we're due to be migrated in September? I know all ESA will be migrated to UC but I'd like to know if there's a way to find out when, roughly, this will happen.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291736 by BIS
Hi Wiggles

I think you have misread what it says. The process will start in September 2024, and they hope to complete it by Dec 2025.

The only way to find out when that may be is to ask the DWP. I have no idea whether you will get an answer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wiggles, VIA, Charlie

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291740 by VIA
Dear BIS,

Do you know if the ESA migration notice to UC to start in September 2024 that they hope to complete by Dec 2025:
- will affect ESA claimants only
- or ESA claimants with Child Benefit?
- or both?

Thank you.
Kind wishes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wiggles

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291749 by Gary
Hi VIA

CB has no input in regards to a migration notice.

What will affect a migration notice is the type of benefits a claimant is receiving; commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9984/

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wiggles, VIA

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #291821 by Wiggles
I have problems with reading (dyslexia and adhd, suspected autism) but I'm not awarded any points for them - no joke.

I have every day problems with filling in forms, understanding them and understanding instructions etc all the time. I've presented evidence of diagnosis to the DWP but they've ignored it with every review. I've always been too afraid to fight it because I'm already awarded higher points.

Wish I could show them the number of times I've misunderstood or misread things!

Thanks for the reply and answer. :)

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #291822 by Wiggles
This is interesting: 'The managed migration of claimants of income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) only, or incomed-related ESA and Housing Benefit, has been delayed until 2028/29. This will involve around 600,000 households.' from the link you posted.

This seems to say that those on IR-ESA AND HB will be migrated in 2028/29, but everyone else will be migrated by 2025.

Am I missing something (possible)? This seems to be different to what the newsletter says.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.