× Members

PIP Health Conditions

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291713 by Mikey
PIP Health Conditions was created by Mikey
I recently read through your helpful section on 'PIP Health Conditions' and noticed there wasn't any info relating to 'Borderline Personality Disorder'.

I suffer with this and would appreciate any advice and information which could help me to claim PIP for this condition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291717 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Health Conditions
Hi Mikey

It would be impossible for us to give information on the many medical conditions people have.

The DWP doesn't focus on the specific medical condition per se - they are interested in how that condition affects your daily living and/or mobility.

The person who is the expert in this is you! Do not assume when filling out the form that the person reading it will understand what BPD is or how it affects you concerning the PIP criteria - so you will have to tell them.

Go through the Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews. After every question there are some sample answers which will give you ideas on how to answer them. Take, for instance, preparing a meal - does your BPD impact your ability to do this? Do you have severe depression and can't be bothered to prepare a meal? Do you have anxiety or depression from your BPD, which could make it difficult to concentrate? Are you safe around kitchen equipment? Do you get help to prepare a meal or do you need help but don't currently have any?

Just tackle one question at a time, and come back to the forum to ask if you have a specific question. We will try to assist.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.