× Members

LCWRA awarded when are they reviewed? PIP Awarded enhanced daily living

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291720 by Eddie11
Hi. Sorry to butt into your conversation… you question seems a similar type of question ( albeit yours being many months ago and I appreciate the answer might not be the same, just wonder if you or anyone could help with up to date info, TIA).
Well to start …. I got LCWRA last week … yay.. . 🙌🏼 with the help here! Good result!
I was told today it will be reviewed in 2 years. I’m concerned I didn’t get it for the length of time I should have? Or is this standard?
I had a telephone interview by a doctor 👍🏼. He stoped the interview before we had gone through all the descriptor sections. He started with a general Q&A . He cut the interview short after hearing about my history and the topic of my severe incontinence came up. He more or less said I had met the descriptor for the highest points after the incontinence question and the interview need not go any further.
Obviously I got the result I wanted but if he had gone on he would have realised on the mobility questions that (I think) that I would get the max points for that too and that condition is lifelong and deteriorating.
I’m happy with decision but feel I might have got an indefinite decision (if there’s such a thing)or a longer review period at least Plus it would have helped with my PIP review decision coming up too (i get standard mobility, hoping for higher mobility this time).

Is there such thing as an ‘indefinite’ award in UC LCWRA OR PIP or is there always a review period now?
I just really dread doing this all over in 2 yrs. it was so stressful. I was so poorly after my interview with the stress.

I don’t know why I stress so much. You feel like they are trying to catch you out. All the info I’m tell the interviewer is accurate and true but I worry about the way I say something!

Thanks in advance for any advice/ feedback given.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291738 by BIS
Hi Eddie11

I moved your post because we ask people not to ask questions on other people's posts as it can get confusing, and someone might not get the answer they need.

ESA/UC can be reviewed within 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 3 years. There is no such thing as an indefinite award though some people have marked on their records that they should not be reviewed again (but this is rare even for people with lifelong conditions).

On average, PIP awards have been shortened, and although they can be from 2 to 10 years, the number of 10 years (ongoing) has decreased. Even people with lifelong conditions have found they have been awarded 5 years when they expected longer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.