× Members

Proposed new rules for PIP

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291773 by Glitter Pink
Proposed new rules for PIP was created by Glitter Pink
Hello,

Regarding the proposed new PIP rules that the conservatives are putting forward, am l to assume this is for NEW applicants only if they ever did implement it, and those of us already on PIP and LCWRA with letters confirming it and the period it will be awarded for (ie 7years etc) will be uninfected by these new rules.

Please let me know if anyone has this information because l can’t find this clarification anywhere and as far as l am aware no where on this site addresses it.

Cheers
Jeremy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291774 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Proposed new rules for PIP
Hi GP,

I read it as "everybody" would be affected should the proposed changes come in. However, with a general election now scheduled for July 4th 2024, who knows what will be decided from the 5th onwards. I know that there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people not happy with the proposed voucher replacement of money scheme.

Some other claimants or mods may be able to advise better.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie, Les

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291796 by Glitter Pink
Replied by Glitter Pink on topic Proposed new rules for PIP
Thank you very much for your reply. Are there any more mods out there that could shed light on my query?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291799 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Proposed new rules for PIP
Hello Glitter Pink,

The most unhelpful of answers is that nobody knows. The whole thing is going to have to through parlimentary debate and what it will look like when it comes out the other end is anyone's guess.

All we know for certain is that for now nothing is changing.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291803 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic Proposed new rules for PIP
Whatever changes will not change quickly.

If a new system comes in, it will need to be fair and workable and the existing system will remain in place until a new one is confirmed as lawful.

It will need to ensure it protects the most vulnerable, both existing, and new. It needs to be within existing laws already in place which are designed to do just that.

Many charities and other advocates are watching this very closely

Rather like all the challenges made to the Rwanda scheme, there will be challenges to this, or aspects of it.

So nothing can happen quickly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Gary, Charlie, UB40 Rumrunner, Chris

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291835 by Glitter Pink
Replied by Glitter Pink on topic Proposed new rules for PIP
Thank you for your input that’s good to know, even if I’m the unlikely event it does get put forward as a serious proposal

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.