× Members

Have you been affected by the carers allowance scandal?

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291805 by Blueberry Owl
I came across the below on Reddit and reproduce it below as I wondered if it may be of interest?

Have you been affected by the carer’s allowance scandal?

Good Law Project is a non-profit that uses the law to build a fairer future. We think the government may be acting unlawfully in the way that it is clawing back money from carers.

We would like to find examples of how the Department for Work and Pensions has tried to reclaim overpayments to help us build a legal case.

We’d love to hear from you if you have been overpaid since 2018/in the past four years.

We are particularly keen to hear from people who have received any of these in the last two months:

a decision that an overpayment has been made (and that it will be recovered);
a decision on a mandatory reconsideration of an overpayment decision;
a decision on appeal against an overpayment decision in the First Tier Tribunal.
You can contact us via our online form here: goodlawproject.org/about/contact/, selecting the “Carer’s Allowance Scandal” option from the dropdown menu.

We won’t share your details or personal data with anyone without your permission.*

Many thanks,

Bekah, legal manager

Good Law Project

*Your personal data will be processed in line with GLP’s privacy notice. If you have any queries or concerns regarding how we process your data, please get in touch with us via our website form.

goodlawproject.org/about/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291824 by Charlie
I can vouch for the Good Law Project from a different situation/case - they were thorough, kind, and stood strong. I don't know if this case will go anywhere, but I know the GLP are good people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.