× Members

PIP Changes in Law Letter Received

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291831 by purple16
PIP Changes in Law Letter Received was created by purple16
Today received letter about looking at PIP claims in regard to changes in law about how we access someone's ability to engage with other people. Firstly it states, they have looked at my claim and my PIP is not affected. They also state this does not impact my on going award review, which I will be contacted about separately.

So I thought great, no problem, but it then sent a copy of my scores. It still gives me enhanced for both daily living and mobility, but my points awarded are not what they were.

Daily Living. I was awarded 14 points - this letter 15 points. Put my points for each one has changed? When they have previously always stayed the same? Preparing Food, changed from 2 points to 4. Eating and Drinking was 2 points, changed to 0. Managing Treatments stayed the same 1 point. Washing and Bathing changed from 3 points to 2. Managing Toilet Needs, went from 2 points to 0. Dressing and Undressing stayed at 2 points. Both Communicating and Reading stayed at 0 points. Mixing with Other People, which the letter was about went from 2 points to 4 points. Making Budgeting Decisions, went from 0 points to 2 points.

Mobility. I was awarded 12 points for moving around, this letter gives me 0 points for moving around, and 12 points for planning and following a journey? I have had a Mobility Car since 2001, and have one now.

I am worried that this will be used for my award review, especially the Mobility, which is totally wrong. It should be 12 points for move more than 1 metre, but no more than 20 metres either aided or unaided, and 0 points for planning and following a journey, which it has always been, which is correct.

What do I do? The letter says I have looked at your PIP and it is not affected by the changes in PIP law. Do I leave it and wait for my award review, due the end of November, and see what happens, or contact them and tell them, that my points for Mobility have been awarded the wrong way round? It might be an error by the person inputting the numbers?

Please advise what to do, I have never been in this position before. It's just that I sent my award review back in March, and my award is til the end of November 2024, and I don't want these scores to affect that. I want them to use the points from my original award, before this letter arrived. I'm really worried about anything which will affect me having my Mobility Car. I have had one since 2001. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291854 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Changes in Law Letter Received
Hi Purple16

You need to contact DWP and ask, have the letter with you when you call them, they will be able to tell you if it is an error, if it is an error, ask them to send out a new letter with the correct information on it.

If you are still unhappy with the information given, write to the DWP and request a Subject Access Request, you can do this online; www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-persona...or-work-and-pensions.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.