× Members

UC migration

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291834 by ejayne72
UC migration was created by ejayne72
Hi

I am on ESA contribution based, in the ‘unable to work’ group and part housing Benefit. Will I have to. Migrate to UC and if so, you do you have to have new assessments? Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291856 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC migration
Hi ejayne72

I take it when you state 'unable to work' group you mean the support group.

The answer to your question is yes and no

Claimants in receipt of CB ESA will not be affected.

Claimants in receipt of HB will be affected

Some claimants receive both IR ESA and CB ESA

If you do not receive any disability premiums apart from the support premium then you may be better off claiming UC as you should be placed in the LCWRA group.

We would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration when giving you advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #292103 by ejayne72
Replied by ejayne72 on topic UC migration
Gary

Many thanks, yes I am in the support group for CB ESA. Can I ask what does IR mean?

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #292105 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC migration
Hi ejayne72

IR stands for Income Related (means tested)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.