× Members

Telephone assessment

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291837 by SueB
Telephone assessment was created by SueB
Hi All I was called today out of the blue without prior warning that they wanted to do a telephone interview on behalf of DWP. I don’t see why what I put on my form never seems to be enough? I have been receiving this benefit since 2006 when it was DLA. Since being on pip my ward lasts 2 to 3 years at a time. My conditions are not going to change. So what am I doing wrong? The last time I had an assessment they reduced my daily living and reduced my mobility. It went to MR which they still refused to change the outcome. So I told them I would see them at a tribunal. They awarded me higher rate for both two weeks before. Can I ask I have had 2 disc bulges and just come out of hospital and the physio has given me crutches. If I tell the assessor this when they call would crutches go against me as an aid? I’m so confused. I have osteoarthritis psoriatic arthritis asthma fibromyalgia Graves’ disease reynauds disease ibs endometriosis carpel tunnel syndrome, anxiety and depression

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291839 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Telephone assessment
Hi SueB

You're not necessarily doing anything 'wrong.' In the last few years the DWP have been awarding shorter awards even for people who have long-term conditions.

I know you say that your conditions are not going to change (and I'm not arguing with you) - but the DWP has been increasingly reluctant to give people 10-year awards for conditions like depression and anxiety so unless you have a letter from a psychiatrist, that says your condition is never going to improve you may struggle to get a longer time. I know that's not your only condition, but if you want to fight for a longer award try to get a letter from a consultant rheumatologist that says your arthritis is deteriorating and only going to get worse or the pain from your fibromyalgia is long-term and debilitating. (Even then as you know the DWP may ignore them).

The one other thing you can do if you haven't already is ask for a longer-term award and make the argument about the long-term nature of your conditions (even if you don't have a consultant letter to back it up). Focus on the most debilitating conditions as per the effect on your daily living and mobility. They often tend to ignore some of the lesser things. (I'm not dismissing them - it's just how the DWP thinks).

Having crutches shouldn't go against you as they are a necessity. However, are you able to use them? How does that work with your osteoarthritis and your fibro? if you have limitations - be sure to make them clear.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 days 2 hours ago #292529 by SueB
Replied by SueB on topic Telephone assessment
Hi All I have waited a year for the DWP to get back to me I finally had my phone consultation today Friday 14th June. It lasted 2 and a half hours I was absolutely grilled. Not sure if that amount of time is a good or bad thing? If anyone has any advice would be great 👍 Thank you

More
2 days 23 hours ago #292533 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Telephone assessment
Hi SueB

I'm glad that you got through it The length of time varies and doesn't tell you anything about the outcome. You can ring the DWP and request a copy of the assessment report 48 hrs after it has taken place (excluding the weekend).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 days 22 hours ago #292537 by SueB
Replied by SueB on topic Telephone assessment
Hi Bis they have already sent my report to the DWP by 2 o’clock today. So who knows? Just did not understand the need for that long an assessment longest one I’ve had since 2006.

More
2 days 22 hours ago #292541 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Telephone assessment
Hi Sue,

Maybe the assessor was new and not sure what to ask you, so covered everything they could possibly think of ?

You never know with different people.

Chris.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.