× Members

Idiopathic intercranial hypertension

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291838 by Emjay
Hi
I have just joined this fabulous site ! I was wondering if anyone has claimed PIP for Idiopathic intercranial hypertension ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #291840 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Idiopathic intercranial hypertension
Hi Emjay

Welcome to the forum.

I am publishing your post and I hope someone might be able to tell you about their experience.

Be aware that the DWP are not so interested in the condition per se - but how that condition impacts your daily living and/ or your mobility. So it is quite possible for two people to have the same condition, and one person gets awarded PIP, and another doesn't.

I would also say - do not assume that the person reading your form will be familiar or even understand your condition so you need to make it very clear, the symptoms and the impact as per the specific PIP criteria.

The Guide to PIP claims and Reviews has sample answers for all the questions on the PIP form.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.