× Members

PM

• Dragon
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36853 by Dragon
Replied by Dragon on topic Name & Shame
Dear Members,

I have written to my MP, who concerned by the content of my letter has raised the issues with IDS within 7 days of receipt. The MP and I are now awaiting a response from IDS.

At this moment in time, I feel it would be detrimental to disclose the content of the letter. All I can say at this moment in time is that what I have written is not without substance. I have a volume of sound evidence that IDS would be foolish to ignore.

It has taken me a while to find the courage to write this letter and disclose the damning evidence I have in my possession. Steve you might recall me asking for your email address 9 months ago(see link). This was the reason for my request.

Dragon wrote:

How does one PM a moderator? What email address do you use for Steve or Jima1 etc?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Therefore, if IDS does not take positive action, then I will be left with no alternative but to hand the evidence I possess to the national press.

If any member has concrete evidence of malpractice which they trust me to raise, I would be happy to highlight these too. In for a penny, in for a pound!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carole2006
13 years 4 months ago #36857 by Carole2006
Replied by Carole2006 on topic Re:Name & Shame
I haven't got any evidence, but I do wish you luck. I've found that when you stick your head above the parapet there is often a resounding bang where those who you thought would back you have jumped off the parapet!
So good for you, and I wish you the best of luck.

• Dragon
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36858 by Dragon
Replied by Dragon on topic Re: Name & Shame
Further to my post above. A friend has raised a valid issue with regards disabled facilities at a local Jobcentre. The bathroom is on the first floor with no access to a lift. Disabled service users who wish to use such facilities are advised to use public conveniences approximately 0.6 miles away or are directed to a pub adjacent to the premises.

• Dragon
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36861 by Dragon
Replied by Dragon on topic Re:Name & Shame
Hi Carole, thank you for your advice,warning and good luck message. Fortunately, I have paper and electronic evidence to support what I have said. Hopefully, the only person that will be jumping of the parapet is IDS!

More
13 years 4 months ago #36867 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:PM
Talking of naming and shaming, it seems the IDS has been getting his info from some alarming places
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/b...rom-web-2138178.html

• Carole2006
13 years 4 months ago #37116 by Carole2006
Replied by Carole2006 on topic Re: Name & Shame
Dragon wrote:

Further to my post above. A friend has raised a valid issue with regards disabled facilities at a local Jobcentre. The bathroom is on the first floor with no access to a lift. Disabled service users who wish to use such facilities are advised to use public conveniences approximately 0.6 miles away or are directed to a pub adjacent to the premises.

I'm no legal eagle, but I'm fairly sure that this is in breach of DDA (think its called the Equality Act now). If the jobcentre are failing to make reasonable adjustments (i.e. make a toilet available for disabled people which is accessible but provide a toilet for non-disabled people) then they are treating disabled people less favourably, as such, I think they could bring a case?

It would be worth investigating. I don't know if jobcentres are obliged to provide toilet facilities, but if they provide them for non-disabled users then they are discriminating against disabled people.

www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Righ...ityRights/DG_4001068

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.