× Members

I don't want to go to the ESA medical

• alwaysunlucky
14 years 3 weeks ago #17573 by alwaysunlucky
Replied by alwaysunlucky on topic Re:I don't want to go to the ESA medical
Nice one Mel! So glad to hear your good news, what a great relief for you.
Take care
best wishes
Penny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Austinp008
14 years 3 weeks ago #17625 by Austinp008
Replied by Austinp008 on topic Re:I don't want to go to the ESA medical
Hi everyone well I to am starting to get worried as many people may remember I went through one hell of a time at my IB medical last year which effected my mental health further and delayed my treatment by three months. I complained to Atos and after many months and external reviews of Atos their medical director admitted the medical report was not medically correct or reasonable and I was advised the Dr had many similar complaints and had previously had disciplinary action against him. Even with this the DWP still made me go to appeal and wouldn't dismiss the report obviously I won at appeal (lasted 10min)

Well I have today received an IB50 and am starting to get really worried again. I advised Atos after the last medical that I did not want to be in contact with this DR again due to the way he treated me ect.

I to do not want to attend a medical again my only hope I suppose is that I have recently last few weeks have been made unemployed on Ill Health Grounds and will receive a pension and the doctors report indicates that I am unlikely to be able to work again. The other thing I will do is ask my psychologist to write to atos detailing the problems the last medical caused my and how it worsened my condition and delayed my treatment and ask him to advise the impact another medical will have on me and my continuing treatment.

God I hope I dont have to go through the same again as I dont know if I will be able to cope and avoid the suicidal thoughts I had last time

• kathy1
14 years 3 weeks ago #17647 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re:I don't want to go to the ESA medical
Hi Austin,

Here's hoping for you, try not to worry until you know for sure, I know its easier said than done, but hopefully you wont have to go. Look how Mel was able to argue the point from the start.

And well done Mel.

Kathy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.