× Members

DLA

More
13 years 11 months ago #18147 by Pete
DLA was created by Pete
I am on the higher rate of dla and have taken the mobility component as i need to get around in my car.I have sent in my renewal form and they have give me the higher rate again but that is where the problem is.My mobility car is to go back on the 14-3-2011 after 3 yrs but my dla only runs till 31-1-2012.This leaves me falling short of 42days so i cannot renew my car as i do not have the 12 months required.I rang the dla and all they told me to do was to put in a fresh claim earlier so i could get a car if they give me the higher rate.My condition will not change and the dla know this and i am furious that i will lose my car by 42 days.I do not know what to do so any help would be appreciate.This is the first time i have posted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18197 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:DLA
Hi Pete,

I'm afraid the Motability scheme isn't one I know a great deal about.

In realtion to your DLA award, it is possible to apeal the length of an award as well as the rate. If you are still within the appeal deadline then this is something you might want to consider but it is obviously a high risk strategy as your award can be reduced or taken away when it is looked at again.

If you do decide to follow this route please get individual advice from a welfare rights worker.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 11 months ago #18204 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re:DLA
Hi pete, if i were you i would do what has been asked and submit your claim early (if as you say your condition will not improvve) just submit all the medical evidence that you can. Best wishes

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.