× Members

Work Focused Health Related Assessment

• lainie
  • Topic Author
13 years 11 months ago #18228 by lainie
Wonder if you can help me with this. I attended a Medical, which I believe - as I seemed to have answered the questions in the Work Focused Health Related assessment at the same time in November 2009. In January I attended the Job Centre and from there was referred on to the SHaw Trust, Pathways to Work advisers. They decided that I was unfit through disabilities etc to continue with their programme (at the first interview!) and sent a form to the ESA Jobcentre saying that I was deferred from having to visit them again until January 2011. My ESA Jobcentre finally wrote and told me that I had been put in the Work group and my rate would go up to £84ish pounds per week. THEN... I get a letter from Atos saying that I had to attend for a medical on 22 April I finally got through to them and they said it was for a WFHRA. I tried to explain that I had already had one of these, but the Indian gentleman merely said that if I didnt attend I would lose my benefit. My local ESA office said the same thing. My Jobcentre Adviser (who had initially sent me to the Shaw Trust) was very apologetic but basically said the same thing. Can you tell me - am I likely to lose my benefit if I 'fail' this assessment? Will I have to start the wholel process of Job Centre/Shaw Trust all over again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18239 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Work Focused Health Related Assessment
Hi,

You can't fail a WFHRA as such. As long as you attend and answer the questions then your benefit will continue to be paid.

You certainly shouldn't be forced to attend two WFHRA's though. You should consider making a formal complaint and making sure the DWP know you have sent a copy to your MP.

In the meantime, however, failure to attend could result in your ESA being sanctioned and oblige you to appeal to try to get the full amount reinstated.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• lainie
  • Topic Author
13 years 11 months ago #18255 by lainie
Replied by lainie on topic Re:Work Focused Health Related Assessment
Thank you, Steve, for your quick and easy to understand reply. I wonder if they'll make me go to the Job Centre and Shaw Trust again. At least they can't stop my benefit - for now! I understand that I have to have a full medical again in May 2011 - what a complete waste of taxpayer's money this entire farce is! Thanks again!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.