× Members

not sure whether to appeal DLA decision

• JOVI
  • Topic Author
13 years 11 months ago #18261 by JOVI
I have just received a DLA award for no mobility but middle rate care. I have a had a back injury from 4 years ago that gives me severe pain when walking any more than 100 yards and to be honest I am shocked I didn't get the lower rate mobility.

However, if I ask for the award to looked at again can they end up taking the middle rate care away even though they have agreed I need frequent care with various needs throughout the day?

Or can I just ask that the mobility issue be looked at again?

I'm just not really sure what to do or if I should just leave it and get on with my life.

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #18263 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:not sure whether to appeal DLA decision
JOVI wrote:

I have just received a DLA award for no mobility but middle rate care. I have a had a back injury from 4 years ago that gives me severe pain when walking any more than 100 yards and to be honest I am shocked I didn't get the lower rate mobility.

However, if I ask for the award to looked at again can they end up taking the middle rate care away even though they have agreed I need frequent care with various needs throughout the day?

Or can I just ask that the mobility issue be looked at again?

I'm just not really sure what to do or if I should just leave it and get on with my life.

Any help appreciated.

Further information is available in the FAQs section.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.