× Members

New ESA medical test

More
14 years 3 days ago #18331 by chubbster
New ESA medical test was created by chubbster
Hey all

I suffer from MS and had a real battle getting ESA after a tribunal I was put into the support group. Now looking at the new medical I could be put into the WRAG or have it taken away completely and utterly.

This does not bode well for people who are on ESA and have review coming up or people who are being migrated over from IB, this new medical seems to me, to be very harsh and unfair as I cannot walk more than 30 metres but can do it with a wheelchair. To say that I am little more than perturbed and concerned re the future is definitely an understatement!

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #18356 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:New ESA medical test
Hi Andy,

All I can say is make sure your MP and other candidates know how this will affect your voting intentions.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 3 days ago #18359 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:New ESA medical test
Just a quick thought on the subject; but would it be possible to adjust the existing dry-run of the ESA test available to members on this site to take account of these new changes?? That way we could 'test out' the new parameters before we're subjected to them by the DWP.

Cheers, Pen.

More
14 years 2 days ago #18384 by Maximus
Replied by Maximus on topic Re:New ESA medical test
Well when I got my copy of your newsletter I forwarded it straight to two local newspapers and local councillors. Its disgraceful and so against disabled people its unbelievable. :angry:

More
14 years 2 days ago #18388 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:New ESA medical test
Hi Pen,

Putting the planned new test online is a very good idea. But it's also very time consuming I'm afraid, so probably not going to happen this side of an election.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 2 days ago #18391 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re:New ESA medical test
I also e mailed my two local papaers and some friends who are disabled. I had a long chat with my prospective labour candidate. Surprisingly he wasnt even aware of it. He is now!!! he at least sounded shocked, whetehr he will speak to Yvette Cooper I dont know but I mailed him some of the details and hes promised to look at them. I hope Steve is right when he says this can posibly be stoped. or at least watered down somewhat....It's shocking that it has taken this forum to expose this: in an election month something like this should be out there in the public realm.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.