× Members

selling personal posessions while on income suppor

More
14 years 2 days ago #18570 by ShadowPony
hi, i am claiming income support, can i sell personal items while claiming this benefit? thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 day ago #18577 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:selling personal posessions while on income suppor
Hi Martin,

Selling the odd personal possession that is no longer of use is OK. But anything that appears to the DWP to constitute 'trading' would threaten your benefits.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Loose Cannon
14 years 1 day ago #18592 by Loose Cannon
I think this says it all about this disfunctional country. Why should any citizen of this land have to sell their personal possessions? The Labour Government should hang their heads. I'm going to write to GBrown about this.

More
14 years 1 day ago #18598 by ShadowPony
i'm lling stuff i no longer need, such as unwanted electronics etc. that's all. it's just that i have recently started claiming IS, and am worried they'd get pissy about it, even though i am making losses on what i sell. a perkins brailler for £260 for example, that's over half price. cheers.

More
14 years 1 day ago #18599 by ShadowPony
i'm selling stuff i've had for years, surely trading is buying stuff to sell on at a profit? my research on this matter tells me it's okay, including reading around the subject, but this govt are so picky about what we do these days. i've never hated a government so much before.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.