× Members

DLA Success at reconsideration ME/CFS

More
13 years 10 months ago #19201 by sharonoid
DLA Success at reconsideration ME/CFS was created by sharonoid
Hi everyone.

Just to let you all know that I got my DLA!!!! I can't believe it, I'm just so relieved.

They have given me HRM and LRC which is what I was getting before, and for 5 years, until 2015.

I'm not very well at all just now and only got up to go to the toilet, saw the brown enelope and thought it would be the full reasons thing I was waiting on.

To all you with ME/CFS going through the same thing, don't give up, you can succeed!.

I notice that originally they just used my claim form and now they have used this, plus a report from my GP (that they had sent for, but made the decision without),and an old report from 2004 by one of their medical examiners.

They also used further information that I sent them. Now at that stage, the only extra things I sent were a 7 day diary of my day to day life and info about a crisis loan I received in December 2008 which was given to prevent danger or deterioration to my health? (words to that effect anyway, but basically I needeed to move house).

Hope this helps anyone else in the same position, and a huge thank you to everyone on here who has helped with all my queries. No doubt I'll be back when the whole IB to ESA stuff affects me!

Cheers,
Sharon x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #19204 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re: DLA Success at reconsideration ME/CFS
Congratulations, Sharon, so glad to hear that they found in your favour.
Cheers, Pen.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20362 by debogden
Replied by debogden on topic Re: DLA Success at reconsideration ME/CFS
Hi Sharon, That's great news I'm waiting for my brown envelope to come any day now, I really hope it will be good news. Fingers crossed.
Deb x

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 10 months ago #20368 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re: DLA Success at reconsideration ME/CFS
Hi Sharon,

Glad to hear of your success.

Thank you for letting us know, it really does give other members in a similar situation to yours encouragement to fight on.

Best wishes.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 10 months ago #20396 by sharonoid
Replied by sharonoid on topic Re:DLA Success at reconsideration ME/CFS
Hi Jim

Thanks for that. I'm just so glad I've been spared the stress of a tribunal.

I'm also glad that I hadn't gotten round to sending off for my gp and hospital records which was looking like costing about £80 all together. (Although the nosey part of me still would like a look at them, especially the neuroogy stuff!)

Cheers, and best wishes to everyone out there fighting for their benefits.

Sharon x

• little v
13 years 10 months ago #20408 by little v
Replied by little v on topic Re:DLA Success at reconsideration ME/CFS
hi sharon, really pleased for you that the dwp came to their senses and awarded you your DLA.at least they got it right in the end!vicki x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.