× Members

Help my ESA has been stopped

• Daisy
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #19287 by Daisy
Help my ESA has been stopped was created by Daisy
Hi there,
Have just had my ESA stopped after my medical Assessment. I'm really annoyed with myself as although my questionaire was quite detailed, at the medical I was feeling dizzy (i have vertigo) and anxious
and when I'm like that my mind goes blank and I just can't think. So when he asked about laundry I just I did washing everyday forgeting to mention how I often have to stop while hanging the clothes up as I get giddy and that I nolonger Iron because of my condition.
Also I said that I walk for 10 mins quickly
NOT saying that thats on a good day,other days I struggle and sit at bus stop on the way or if really bad can't go out.
I can't believe I messed it up so badly. I did think as well that because of the info in the questionaire that the assessor already knew! How wrong could I be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #19297 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Help my ESA has been stopped
Hi Daisy,

Don't blame yourself. If the assessment system was fair the information you provided in your questionnaire would have been properly taken into account.

Most people in your position would now lodge an appeal. the sooner you do this the sooner you can go back onto ESA at the assessment phase rate. Download our guide to ESA appeals for more information.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Daisy
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #19343 by Daisy
Replied by Daisy on topic Re:Help my ESA has been stopped
thanks for reply Steve. Do you think I should write and get the written medical report first to see what what is written, before lodging an appeal? Have looked at your Appeal guide and was wondering if when filling in the 'reason for the appeal'section it is worth giving all my reasons in the hope that they might change there decision or does that never happen?
Daisy

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #19379 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Help my ESA has been stopped
Hi Daisy,

Until you lodge your appeal you cannot claim ESA at the assessment phase rate, you will have to claim JSA or nothing.

In addition, your copy of the medical report may not arrive until after the appeal deadline has passed.

It is unlikely that a decision would be changed at this stage by the decision maker without, for example, new medical evidence.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Steve Donnison. Reason: Additional info

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.