× Members

how to get blue badge?

More
13 years 11 months ago #19380 by ssusandobim
how to get blue badge? was created by ssusandobim
Can you advise me how my friend goes about getting a dissabled blue badge,He is 68yrs old and does get attendance allowance .Is it right that he cannot claim DLA for mobility because of his age if so how can he apply for the badge? he struggles so much walking i want to help him get one if its possible.
Thank you
Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 11 months ago #19382 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:how to get blue badge?
Hi Susan,

With Attendance Allowance, there is no mobility component, and DLA can only be first claimed before a claimant's 65th birthday.

However, if your friend has severe walking difficulties it may still be possible for a badge to be issued. Your friends needs to get an application form from the
section of their local social services office which deals with the issue of blue badges, then take it to their GP to sign.

More here About the Blue Badge Scheme

Good luck.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Ricardo
13 years 11 months ago #19383 by Ricardo
Replied by Ricardo on topic Re:how to get blue badge?
Hi Susan , and Jima ,
another useful document from the Dept for Transport.
Blue Badge Scheme
Regards
Rich

More
13 years 11 months ago #19384 by ssusandobim
Replied by ssusandobim on topic Re:how to get blue badge?
Thank you Jim.

• harley
13 years 11 months ago #19390 by harley
Replied by harley on topic Re:how to get blue badge?
just to let everyone know, you don't need to have DLA, at the higher rate for mobility to get ablue badge, I get LRM and LRC, I applied to my local council, and instead of listing all my problems, I enclosed copies of my supporting evidence from my GP and consultant, and my blue badge was awarded to me for 3 years, of which I am very gratefull.

So go ahead and fill in that form.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.