× Members

dda 2005

More
13 years 11 months ago #19542 by c00kered
Replied by c00kered on topic Re:dda 2005
Hi

Thank you all for your replies, some very interesting information but it seems that the government has all bases covered.

I am trying to help my friend but at the same time I myself am fighting my own battle with dwp/government I think before long there will be no exempt categories at all.

The cumbria law centre has been given funding to visit my town it says it can provide advice if you feel you have been discriminated against, I phoned today and was asked if it was an employment issue I answered no and was told could I phone tomorrow to be given an appointment not holding my breath but I will post again tomorrow after I have given them a call.

Thanks again everyone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19543 by c00kered
The dwp are a service provider and I think the buck lies with them.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19657 by c00kered
Hello,

I managed to contact the law centre who have been given funding to come to my town for 18 months.

I thought that maybe they would be able to supply some information that would help us but I was told they don't really know anything about the benefit system ( a bit surprised by that . I explained the situation and said I thought we were being discriminated against and I was told because it was a benefit problem to go to the cab and contact my mp. I was then told to look on the child poverty action group site a bit strange I thought because I have no children however it did have some information on it. So the law centre is going to be here for a year and a half and the only information they can help with is disability discrimination but not if it applies to the government.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20907 by c00kered
Hi Jim

Just to say thank you very much for your reply to a question posted previously about dda act 2005 relating to cancer, the friend I was trying to help had a medical which she passed so good news for her and hopefully anyone else in this situation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.