× Members

Fight Begins Again

• Austinp008
  • Topic Author
13 years 11 months ago #19678 by Austinp008
Fight Begins Again was created by Austinp008
Well received the dreaded letter today saying I have to go for an IB medical (only six months after winning my appeal and all the stress and damaged caused)

I cannot understand why they are doing this as I advised them to contact my psychologist and included a report from him detailing my mental health problems and suicidal thoughts also explained how the last medical made me so ill that my treatment was delayed by three months as I was in such a state that it had put my treatment back so much. I was even advised that I may be exempt due to this but they have taken no notice of the documents. I also within the last two months have been finished from work due to ill health which stated that I was incapable of work up until the age of 65 for my current role and could not consider any form of work for at least three years. How can they ignore sucj evidence. The next fight is going to be when I advise them that I will not be seen by the Atos Dr who I seen last time as he was disciplined for his treatment to me and his report was ruled not medicaly correct by the assitant medical director of Atos. When I complained I said I did not want this man involved with me again as I had been badly effected by his treatment and I will honestly break down if I ever meet this man again (I wont be held responsible for my actions if treated the same and forced to see this man)

Do I my wife contact the local DWP office to ask why my reports have been ignored and stress my concerns as to being exempt and the effect on my health and ongoing treatments. Is it worth it???

God I am so stressed already I cant go through the the abuse and treatment received last time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #19707 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Fight Begins Again
Hi Austin,

We can't advise you whether it's worth contacting the local office or not. But it would be worth asking for copies of all the paperwork relating to your pre-board checks - you can read more about these in the Understanding ESA guide.

You could also use the Getting better treatment from the DWP guide to put together a letter threatening legal action under the disability discrimination act if proper consideration was not given to finding that you have limited capability for work without requiring a medical examiantion.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.