× Members

ESA Sucsess of sorts! (and a question!)

• Sassy
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #19968 by Sassy
I've just received another letter, I'm to go to another medical which I presume is the WFHRA.

I'm having a really bad period of brain fog and went deaf yesterday due to an ongoing problem with my ears so my head feels even more like it's stuffed with cotton wool, I feel like I'm under water!

I've read the Understanding ESA pdf in the members area but I'm still a little bit confused, I'm really finding it hard to absorb things at the moment.
When I go for this WFHRA (June 9th has now been booked) is there still a possibility I can be moved into the support group, or is it because I've been put in the work related group and it's based on that and nothing will actually change?

I'm dreading it, my nearest centre is 39 miles away, it takes 45 minutes to get there and by that time I'm exhausted before the appointment has even begun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #19973 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re: ESA Sucsess of sorts! (and a question!)
Hi Sassy

Just wanted to let you know that I too have CFS/ME & was put in the Work Related Group. I decided not to appeal the decision on the grounds that doing so would cause me additional stress & impact on my health & also as Steve said in his post I may lose the appeal & the ESA. I had my WRHA 2 weeks ago & it went well. I consider myelf very fortunate as including the two health assessments, the Work Related Interviews, 3 so far & the phone contact I've had with DWP staff have all been very positive. The long wait to speak to someone on the phone is frustrating & filling in the ESA50 has to be one of the most tiring & time consuming tasks ever. I am absolutely convinced that without the extremely helpful guides on this site I would never have got the ESA because I wouldn't have thought to give such detailed answers. Good luck to you.
Maggie

Moderators note : This post was posted in triplicate, so the other 2 posts have been deleted to avoid confusion
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: Deleted duplicate posts.

• gramsci13
13 years 10 months ago #20359 by gramsci13
Replied by gramsci13 on topic Re:ESA Sucsess of sorts! (and a question!)
If the DWP have used the ESA medical as evidence when processing your claim you can request that they send you copies of all the evidence used when making the decision. If no evidence was used i suggest that you request that they contact either your GP or hospital for a medical report, this may now be done if you have appealed the decision.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.