Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC: IB

IB 9 years 6 months ago #19888

I am in receipt of IB and completed an IB50
about 3 months ago. I was due to have a medical few weeks ago but it was cancelled on a short notice.
I have recently heard from JobCentreplus stating that I have met the threshold of incapacity under the PCA because I have scored lat least 15 points and that no further medical certificates would be required for the next 18 months.
I am pleased/relieved but still confused about the medical. Would I still be asked to attend a medical?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:IB 9 years 6 months ago #19889

Have you received a written decision from JCP stating that you have met the threshold of incapacity under the PCA and is there a review date on it?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:IB 9 years 6 months ago #19891

Yes, I have had written confirmation that I have met the threshold criteria under the PCA because I have scored at least 15 points and that my award for benefit will continue. I have been given a review date which is in 18 months time.

Re:IB 9 years 6 months ago #19894

In that case I'd be very surprised that after receiving notification of meeting the threshold for incapacity under the PCA from your JCP you would now be called for a medical by Atos who would have already "scored" your IB50 and informed the DM at your JCP accordingly.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:IB 9 years 6 months ago #19900

Thank you for your response. Perhaps that's why my medical was cancelled at such a short notice because I had met my criteria on 1B50.
This site is great!

• Page:
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS