× Members

Incapacity Benefit stopped after medical

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 10 months ago #20199 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Incapacity Benefit stopped after medical
Asolutely Gareth.

I remember the ' good old days' when all medicals were arranged by the Benefits Agency Medical Services (BAMS) based in Bootle, Merseyside.

Since they privatised BAMS to the various private medical services, currently ATOS, things have pardon me ' gone down the pan'.

Best wishes.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20211 by sukara
Replied by sukara on topic Re:Incapacity Benefit stopped after medical
Thanks. I think "active" and "progressive" does apply to me. Monthly bloods,changes of medication, surgery, currently having physio and new symptoms appearing, one of which is a lovely blue mottled appearance on my skin, lovely! not! lol.
Its very annoying because I would love to return to nursing but just not physically able. Do they take occupations into account or just the medical condition?

More
13 years 10 months ago #20221 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Incapacity Benefit stopped after medical
Jima1 wrote:

sukara wrote:

Thanks for your advice.I am basing my appeal on the fact that I should not have been subject to the PCA . But I am also disputing their scoring as well. Will have to see how it goes.

Hi,

Just for information Crazydiamond is a former DSS Adjudication Officer, now of course called Decision Makers under the Dept of Work & Pensions (DWP), so his advice is second to none.

Good luck.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for those kind words. Much appreciated.

Regards,
CD

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 10 months ago #20222 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:Incapacity Benefit stopped after medical
With respect to medication and the terms active and progressive I was told by a welfare rights worker that certain drugs that you take are indicative of your arthritis being both active and progressive.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 9 months ago #23084 by sukara
Replied by sukara on topic Re:Incapacity Benefit stopped after medical
well just received my letter stating that they had looked again at the decision and have changed the decision.
they have stated that they disagree with both the Health Care Professional and the original Decision Makers choice of descriptors.
The main reason they say that they have changed their decision is due to the high strength of medication and the use of morphine.
This is until my level of pain can be reduced with treatment options that may be available to me!!
So for the moment I am still getting my inapacity benefit, who knows when they will ask to review me again.
I did send the letter asking for a working copy of the Lima software and got a reply from " dwp commercial management of medical services freedom of information officer" stating :-
the information is exempt from disclosure under section 43 (2) of the freedom of information act 2000. This is because in our opinion the disclosure of the information could prejudice the commercial interests of both DWP and a third party licensee of DWP.
four pages of reasons all together.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23111 by Timewarp
Replied by Timewarp on topic Re:Incapacity Benefit stopped after medical

could prejudice the commercial interests of both DWP

:unsure: Thought the DWP is/was supposedly a Civil Service department that did what it says on the box -- so what "commercial interests" has it got?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.