× Members

Got dla decsion effective ate but no expiry date

More
13 years 10 months ago #20410 by annemcdaid
I posted my dla renewal form off on Mon. 2
24the May got decision on 27th May HRC +HRM. I sent off 4 letters from consultants + G.P letter.
On the decision letter there was an effective date but no expiry date? What does this mean? Is this an indefinate award?the letter from DWP was very vague. Is there anybody else who got a similar letter or is this new policy on behale of DWP/DLA :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20413 by Gareth56
The absence of an end date is indicative of an indefinite award.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 10 months ago #20417 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Got dla decsion effective ate but no expiry dat
Hi,

As Gareth has stated, the absence of an end date indicates an indefinite award.

I think the actual wording depends on the Decision Maker who adjudicated on your case, as often the award notice states the award is indefinite.

You can always telephone the DLA Unit in Blackpool on 08457 123456 and they will no doubt advise you that your award is indefinite.

Hope this helps.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Sofie
13 years 10 months ago #20449 by Sofie
What does it say for the second date? (up until it's paid)

Mine jut says "from /10/10/2007, I am awarding you LRC <amount> until an indefinite period". Or something like that.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.