× Members

Permitted activities whilst on ESA

• lainie
  • Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #20558 by lainie
Permitted activities whilst on ESA was created by lainie
After being told that a five minute stint on stage (whilst seated) in Amateur Dramatics and helping out with costume making (sewing a few hems with my left hand!) could jeopardise my ESA - (I am in Work Support Group), I wonder if any one would like to suggest just what sort of hobbies or past-times those of us on ESA are allowed to do to pass the time. We can't just sit at home and read or watch television ALL the time surely!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #20575 by Adrianmidwales
Replied by Adrianmidwales on topic Re: Permitted activities whilst on ESA
If a benefit or pathways adviser told me that I would probably complain.

More
13 years 9 months ago #20577 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re: Permitted activities whilst on ESA
Hi lainie,

The health professional/decision maker will take into account any activities you undertake when deciding whether you are entitled to ESA and which group you should be in.

So whether sewing, mixing with other people, etc would be relevant to your claim would depend entirley on the specific grounds on which you were placed in the support group.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Loose Cannon
13 years 9 months ago #20642 by Loose Cannon
Replied by Loose Cannon on topic Re:Permitted activities whilst on ESA
I had the wonderful experience of reading the DWP ESA Regulations while I was making a case for the Tribunal. Housework is permitted, and I told the Tribunal that I have to pay someone to do that for me, and they gave me points for that. You're also allowed to do voluntary work. I told the tribunal if I could do voluntary work I could do real work. Incidentally, the ESA Regs state that you can be out of the country for a year and still receive ESA. It beats me how the system could allow that. :blink:

• lainie
  • Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #20883 by lainie
Replied by lainie on topic Re:Permitted activities whilst on ESA
Thank you Loose Cannon (and others) for your replies. I am very interested in the part you mentioned about being out of the country for a year. What part of ESA regulations would that be in, and where would I find a copy of the ESA regulations so that I can quote relevant part. Thankyou, Lainie.
:S

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.