× Members

Refused DLA

• pat55
  • Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #20603 by pat55
Refused DLA was created by pat55
Hi
I received DLA for a year and when it was time to renew I informed the DLA of changes. They sent a doctor to give me a medical and I explained that I have good days and bad days. My claim was refused so I asked them to look at it again and they again refused. Is there anyone I can go to for help with appealing the decision?
Thankyou
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ruffles
13 years 9 months ago #20640 by ruffles
Replied by ruffles on topic Re:Refused DLA
Hi I have been reading your note and it has
shown again that you should not tell them
if you have good days as well as bad they
take the view that your condition is not
causeing you problems and on the good days
you would be able to cope without help.
The illness you suffer from may be one
that can improve in some cases i sujest you
go through the info thats on the site to
see if there may be grounds for appeal. I
would also ask your GP for help and if you
are seeing a consultant ask them to write a
letter if they will. good luck regards
mike

More
13 years 9 months ago #20647 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Refused DLA
pat55 wrote:

Hi
I received DLA for a year and when it was time to renew I informed the DLA of changes. They sent a doctor to give me a medical and I explained that I have good days and bad days. My claim was refused so I asked them to look at it again and they again refused. Is there anyone I can go to for help with appealing the decision?
Thankyou
Pat

The guide entitled "Getting Help with your Benefits" can be accessed by scrolling down to the publication HERE.

The following website may also be of some assistance: Community Legal Advice.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.