× Members

DECISION CHANGED - APPEAL CANCELLED

• aarmic
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #20749 by aarmic
DECISION CHANGED - APPEAL CANCELLED was created by aarmic
Hi, just wanted to share the good news. Feb of this year i put in a DLA appeal as i felt that i had not been given the right care component for my disability, and had received nothing for my mobility.

Two weeks ago unexpectedly i received two letters one from the DWP stating that an EMP would be visiting me,the second letter from medical services stating that the EMP would be visiting me the next day, talk about short notice. Not being fazed by this the EMP visited me the next day, carried out an examination, asked me a series of questions noted them down then left, i would say he was with me for approx 1hr.

Today i received a letter from the DWP stating that due to a recent medical report which i am unaware of and the recent report carried out by the EMP they were changing their decision and that in addition to my care component they would be awarding me HRM indefinitely, and that it was therefore not necessary for me to continue with my appeal. I am absolutely chuffed with the outcome and would like to say to those of you going through the appeals process, please dont give up, I almost did at the beginning but found that strength of determination to continue and i hope you can to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20759 by Maximus
Replied by Maximus on topic Re: DECISION CHANGED - APPEAL CANCELLED
So pleased for you. A weight must be off your shoulders.

• kathy1
13 years 10 months ago #20769 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re: DECISION CHANGED - APPEAL CANCELLED
Well Done Arrmic,

Kathy

More
13 years 10 months ago #20779 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re: DECISION CHANGED - APPEAL CANCELLED
Hi aarmic,

Congratulations, that's an excellent result and does show that not all DLA medical visits are a bad thing.

Thanks for letting us know - that's three bits of good news on the trot I've just replied to, it isn't Christmas is it?

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.