× Members

DLA Payments after a successful Appeal

• Jenikay
  • Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #20854 by Jenikay
Does anyone have information about how long it takes for DLA to be paid after a successful Appeal?

I was originally given no mobility component, but on Appeal just over 2 weeks ago (20th May), I was awarded HR Mobility - but I haven't heard anything from the Benefits office about this. I rang the DLA helpline and the lady there said that they'd no information from the Tribunal Service at all.

So I rang the Tribunal Service in Wales, and the gentleman I spoke to said that he couldn't understand why the Benefits office said they'd heard nothing, as the letter went off to them the same day I was given mine. However, he's going to re-send the letter to them again. I just wondered how long I'm going to have to wait. Jenny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #20861 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:DLA Payments after a successful Appeal
Hi Jenny,

I would also send them a recorded delivery copy of the short decision notice you were given by the tribunal - just so you can be certain they've got it. But I'm afraid it often seems to take quite a few weeks for the DWP to catch up.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.