private doctor or nhs doctor for esa medical

• youngsteptoe
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #20857 by youngsteptoe
private doctor or nhs doctor for esa medical was created by youngsteptoe
hi
just sent off my esa50.when it comes to the
dreaded medical will i be seen by a private
doctor or by a nhs doctor moonlighting for atos.and could you please tell me when the new points system for bladder control comes in thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20860 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:private doctor or nhs doctor for esa medical
Hi,

Most ESA medicals are carried out by sessional doctors, working on a payment per medical basis for Atos.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 10 months ago #20862 by Jeff1
Hi steve, Just out of interest who used to perform the medicals for DLA/Incap ben etc, Prior to ATOS. I wonder what the appeals rates were like then compared to ATOS at present. Best Wishes

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 10 months ago #20872 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:private doctor or nhs doctor for esa medical
Hi Jeff,

Prior to medical services being privatised, first to company called SEMA, then to ATOS, medicals were carried out by the the then DSS's own medical services called Benefits Agency Medical Services (BAMS).

I'm sure Crazydiamond ( a former DSS Adjudication Officer) will agree that when BAMS carried out medicals, there were very few problems.

Kind regards.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 10 months ago #20878 by Jeff1
Hi Jim 1, thanks for that information. Best Wishes, jeff.

• youngsteptoe
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #20882 by youngsteptoe
Replied by youngsteptoe on topic Re:private doctor or nhs doctor for esa medical
hi
can anybody tell me what the failure rate was under bma for incapacity medicals compared to atos.i failed
a bma medical in 1997 with 7 points for mental health.two months later after another sick note from my gp i recieved 25 points. is it the case the doctor on the day of your medical can be aware of all your health conditions or just a computer says no kind of guy.

thanks in advance

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.