× Members

DLA - Computerised System?

More
13 years 10 months ago #20897 by Tabbycat
DLA - Computerised System? was created by Tabbycat
I received a DLA renewal pack last week (Form DLA1A Adult November 2009) - oh what joy! Please could you tell me whether

i) The DWP are using the new computerised system to decide claims and

ii) whether Dec 2008 is the most up to date DLA help guide for adults with physical disabilities?

Many thanks & kind regards,

Carol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20920 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:DLA - Computerised System?
Tabbycat wrote:

I received a DLA renewal pack last week (Form DLA1A Adult November 2009) - oh what joy! Please could you tell me whether

i) The DWP are using the new computerised system to decide claims and

ii) whether Dec 2008 is the most up to date DLA help guide for adults with physical disabilities?

Many thanks & kind regards,

Carol

In answer to your first question, as far as I am aware the DLA Unit do not as yet use a computerised system to decide claims although it was considered a possibility in the future.

In my view, the scope of the disabilities of people claiming DLA would be too wide-ranging for a computer software program to deal with every eventuality, and the care needs arising from the disabilities. Any guide whether clerical or computerised, can never provide an exhaustive list. However, this doesn’t mean to say it will never happen.

I believe that at present the DLA Unit still use the Disability Handbook, which can be found in the DLA resources.

The December 2008 guide is the most up-to-date guide DLA help guide for adults with physical disabilities.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 10 months ago #20924 by Tabbycat
Replied by Tabbycat on topic Re:DLA - Computerised System?
Thank you for your help, I'll start drafting my application accordingly.

Carol

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 10 months ago #20930 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA - Computerised System?
Hi Carol,

In addition to what CD has advised, check out A-Z of Medical Conditions which is gradually phasing out the Disability Handbook, as the latest version was written in 1998.

Good luck.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 10 months ago #20937 by Tabbycat
Replied by Tabbycat on topic Re:DLA - Computerised System?
Thanks Jim, I just had a quick look on the link for Rheumatoid Arthritis and it seems to describe it very well. I've had it for 39 years, so it will be interesting to see how the DWP view the severity of my disease!

Carol

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.