× Members

A4e - Experiences

More
13 years 10 months ago #20932 by tilsit
A4e - Experiences was created by tilsit
I have been registered with A4e for four years now, and apart from two interviews early on, I have heard ;ittle from their local branch (in West Yorkshire).

After their initial suggestion that they could find me work packing things into plastic bags (I am a former Health Service and Utility Company Business Manager) fell on rather stony ground, I wanted to undertake a correspondence course to get a qualification to perhaps enable me to work from home (I am virtually wheelchair bound and suffering with a degenerative condition affecting my legs). They were happy to put me on one of their courses but refused to fund my correspondence course. I tried to complain to the DRO at the local JobCentre but he didn't want to know about them and refused to accept a complaint from me.

Eventually after the storm broke about their C4 programmes, I wrote to their MD who ordered their local office to contact me, but true to form after an initial mail from them suggesting a meeting (I was in hospital at the time), nothing has been heard from them.

In the last week I have received a really good offer from the Correspondence Course company offering me a 75% discount if I book by next Friday. If I was on New Deal, I'd get it straight away.

I have emailed their regional manager and staff again and got an out of office message saying that he isn't back until October 15th 2009!

Anyone any thoughts on what to do?

Is there any way I can

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.