Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC: Points

Points 9 years 5 months ago #20951

Who actually awards the points after the assessment? Is it Atos or the DWP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Points 9 years 5 months ago #20952

Atos do the medical assessment, it's the DWP Decision Maker who decides upon the number of points awarded.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:Points 9 years 5 months ago #20953

Thank you for the quick reply. My appeal papers are fairly honest with what I said at the (PCA) assessment, it's only the crucial points that are lacking. Everyone blames Atos but if the points are down to the DWP I blame them in my case.
Any comments?

Re:Points 9 years 5 months ago #20955

Actually only part of the report seems fair. The part that counts does not reflect my condition.

Re:Points 9 years 5 months ago #20975

Hi,

As Jim says, the final decision about points rests with the decision maker and they do sometimes disagree with the health professional's assessment, though not often.

If you didn't get enough points then the important thing is to get your appeal in within the deadline, see our guides for more details.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS