× Members

DLA tribunal questions

• Margaret
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #22647 by Margaret
DLA tribunal questions was created by Margaret
Hello

My mother is to meet her representative for her DLA tribunal this Thursday. I am trying to write notes on what my mother disagrees with on the doctors report for her to give to her representative and to give to the tribunal.

There are quite alot of disagreements and I am concerned that the tribunal will not read them because of the time factor and the number of points raised, all of which are relevant.

Should my mother hand the notes to the tribunal or should they be sent prior to the hearing which is on July 15th?

I feel I am letting her down as I am finding it very difficult to concentrate and take in what the appeal process consists of.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #22648 by akenasm
Replied by akenasm on topic Re:DLA tribunal questions
Hi Margaret,
You still have time to send this evidence to the tribunal. I remembered sending my last evidence to tribunal clerk (in support of my esa case)4 days before the exact day of the hearing and he did acknowledge it. Please send it recorded if possible for obvious reason. Good luck!!!

michael

More
13 years 8 months ago #22652 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:DLA tribunal questions
Hi Margaret,

As your mother is meeting her rep tomorrow I think the best thing to do would be to discuss the issue of whether and how to make a written submission with the rep.

Handing in the notes on the day is not generally the best option as it means the tribunal have to read them immediately before the hearing or, if they are too long, postpone the hearing until another date.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Margaret
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #22774 by Margaret
Replied by Margaret on topic Re:DLA tribunal questions
Hello again

My mum saw her rep today and the meeting was not encouraging. I helped my mum fill out the DLA form and the rep said, without meaning offence, that I had not done it properly. There were so many addidtional pages which consisted mostly of medical notes and some additional info regarding questions in the form, which, he said, they probably didn't even look at and it cost £30 to get the medical notes too. He said I should have written as much as I could on the form and not 'please read additional pages' which I did for many questions because there was much to explain. He advised my mum not to get her hopes up as he doesn't think her appeal will be successful.

I had written notes for my mum to show him raising points to challege the medical report of which made light of all my mums health problems but he said not to send the notes as it won't make any difference but I thought the appeal gave people the chance the challenge the medical report? I am angry that the panel will not be aware of the fact that the Doctor did not take many things into consideration and did not give a full and clear picture of my mums day to day life.

Much of the help my mum requires with stairs, dressing, housework and her bowel incontinence don't come into it so she may have the LCR taken off her. If this happens, can my mum apply for DLA again at some time in the future?

Thanks

More
13 years 8 months ago #22777 by CelineL
Replied by CelineL on topic Re:DLA tribunal questions
Crap, my reply got deleted, my own fault.

I'll try and remember what i wrote.

That rep sounds very unprofessional and I would consider putting in a formal complain. If they are with the CAB then I'd contact head-office, if they're not I would refuse to pay their fees for professional fault.

In any case, it sounds like your mum would be better off having you as her representative. Why not accompany her at the hearing?

Also if you think the tribunal would benefit from seeing your notes then I would submit them either before the hearing (if there is time) or on the day (make sure you get there with plenty of time, some tribunals have a cut off time in the hearing day for submissions).

Good luck to both of you and keep us posted. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.