× Members

ESA

More
13 years 8 months ago #23173 by Jenn43
ESA was created by Jenn43
I received my novel of an ESA Form a few weeks ago, they currently had me on the work related capacity. I took the time to complete the form and took the advice from this website. My letter was sent out to me yesterday and they have now placed me into the support category - woohoo. (I had only posted the letter of a week ago and they made their decision)
At least now I don't have to concern myself about another form for another year. I have Primary Progressive MS and it is rapidly progressing so I had my doubts about whether or not I was going to be kept in the work related capacity, and whether or not they were going to put me into the system again to go through this farce of work related interviews. I have no feeling in my hands, my legs are more than wonky and many many other problems. So I wonder what kind of job they had in mind for me anyway.
If it hadn't been for this site there are a lot of things that I wouldn't even have thought to put into the form.

So thank you so much for this site, and I will be putting it to good use next year when I have to re-apply for DLA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23176 by c00kered
Replied by c00kered on topic Re:ESA
Hi,

I am so glad to hear you have now been put into the support group because that's where you should have been put in the first place.

As I too have ms I can imagine how worrying it must have been to be put into the wrong group however your letter has made me feel more positive so thanks for that, please look after yourself the best way you can.

All the very best to you.

• karene50
13 years 8 months ago #23249 by karene50
Replied by karene50 on topic Re: ESA
Was this your 2nd form?
How long had you been in the WRAG group?

Karen x

More
13 years 8 months ago #23924 by Jenn43
Replied by Jenn43 on topic Re:ESA
Hi Karen

I had initially applied for ESA last year when I was first diagnosed and immediately was put into the Working group. So this one was my re-apply to get it again, so this is my second form in the space of 1 year, but at least I get it for another year before I need to re-apply again.

Jen

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.