× Members

IB to ESA switch over?

• rowland
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #23551 by rowland
IB to ESA switch over? was created by rowland
Just to clarify really - When the migration takes place Feb 2011 will all current IB claimants be re-evaluated and have to attend medicals as part of the process of transition?...Even if they are presently exempt from the PCA due to severe mental illness?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #23555 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:IB to ESA switch over?
Check out this News article in the Members Only News Section:- "Transfer from IB to ESA: coalition timetable latest". Also putting in 'IB Migration' into the Serach field should throw up a plethora of other posts on this subject.

As far as being exempt from the PCA is concerned as far as I know it makes no difference to whether you are included in the transfer process.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Gareth56.

• rowland
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #23560 by rowland
Replied by rowland on topic Re: IB to ESA switch over?
Looking through the information on this site, only the date of transfer is referred to. The actual process doesn't seem clear. The information I've seen is that information held on incapacity claimants will be used to assess ESA on migration - medicals are not referred to nor the fate of those who are currently exempt from the PCA. Does this mean that information held will be used to determine if someone should be in the 'work' or 'support' group. The only information I see about assessment is the claimants normal review date. To my knowledge I don't have a review date?

More
13 years 8 months ago #23572 by choogle
Replied by choogle on topic Re:IB to ESA switch over?
This is something that I have also been trying to find out more info about over the last 6 weeks or so since - for me - the 'migration' process will be applicable from Oct 2010 onwards (Aberdeen's a trial area).

So far I have found nothing that explicitly states exactly who may be exempt. It will be interesting to see if any kind of clarification on this issue leaks out over the coming months.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23576 by papasmurf
Replied by papasmurf on topic Re:IB to ESA switch over?
choogle wrote:

So far I have found nothing that explicitly states exactly who may be exempt. It will be interesting to see if any kind of clarification on this issue leaks out over the coming months.

The ConDems are sticking exacly to the New Labout proposals that are detailed on this forum in the News area.
Some 700000 people due to retire by October 2013 will not be retested or migrated from IB.

• Martin Shaw
13 years 8 months ago #23579 by Martin Shaw
Replied by Martin Shaw on topic Re:IB to ESA switch over?
Hi,

I Think you may find that the date is March 2014 as according to the news section:-

Claimants who reach pensionable age before the end of March 2014 will not be migrated to ESA, they will stay on their current benefits. The DWP say this is to avoid people having to make two changes of benefit in a short period of time.

Unless that has changed?

Zuxo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.