× Members

IB to ESA switch over?

More
13 years 8 months ago #23622 by FoxyLady2
Replied by FoxyLady2 on topic Re:IB to ESA switch over?
Don't forget that Chris Grayling recently announced that the Government will:

•extend the exemption criteria for some disabled people with ‘severe’ mental health conditions from having to attend an assessment;

www.disabilityalliance.org/wcareview.htm

not sure how this will work in practice but perhaps there is some hope there.

(so do hang on Rowland - I'm probably in a similar boat)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23632 by choogle
Replied by choogle on topic Re:IB to ESA switch over?
extend the exemption criteria for some disabled people with ‘severe’ mental health conditions from having to attend an assessment

I've seen the above quote in a few places recently but as yet it has not been fully explained. Googled 'Chris Grayling Incapacity' and noticed a Daily Mail report that suggested 'Ministers are set to announce further details of how the scheme will work in the coming weeks.' with regards to the Work Programme. Maybe there will be more info on the mental health issue then(?).

In the meantime, what I've started to do is try to brush up on areas where the 'free ESA test' on this site helps highlight areas that I should perhaps look to be discussing further if I do have to fill in forms or attend WCA. I'm not looking to have a comprehensive report prepared in one day, but will be noting down issues that I feel could be particularly relevant. This will be an ongoing project over the coming months. Strikes me as best to get prepared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.