× Members

Failed my IB test with 0 Points! What now?

• lana
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #23709 by lana
Thanks to all who took the trouble to reply, your advice and support is greatly appreciated.
I'm still not sure whether I have the oomph to fight the decision and, to be honest, I feel like telling them to stick their money where the sun don't shine, go live in a tent somewhere, can't imagine I'd last too long though! so common sense prevailed and I did ring CAB this morning and will be seeing a welfare rights adviser on Thursday.
I'm just so angry that they can get away with treating people this way, these "medicals" are just a joke!
Thanks again all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• millymoo
13 years 8 months ago #23734 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:Failed my IB test with 0 Points! What now?
Hi lana

I am pleased you are going to fight this as they rely so much on people like us giving up on what we should be getting. I am sure they know how much it makes us feel so intimidiated by their decisions. My case was slightly different to yours but i was assessed for ESA and only scored 9 points yet it was relooked at and i was put in the support group. Good luck and please keep in contact and let us know how you are getting on.

Kind regards
Julie

• Ranald
13 years 8 months ago #23857 by Ranald
Lana.

I am sorry you have had a distressing experience with your IB assessment, it is the last thing many of us need but hey..we are an easy target. :(

It amazes me that a "health professional" who may not even be familiar with your illness has the power to decide over the opinion of Consultants, GPs etc. This nonsense must be addressed or there will be many more injustices perpetrated against one of the most vulnerable groups in society.

All the best, Ranald.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.