× Members

letter from dwp for additional info "doubt"

• janeyk
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #23649 by janeyk
Hi, I have just received a letter saying that they have "recently received information which casts doubt on your continuing entitlement to DLA"
Is this a standard re assessment or has somebody informed on me?
I have to complete a form again the same as my original application. It has taken me 3 attempts and 4 years to finally get DLA and now i have received this.
Any ideas. Thanks. Janeyk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23668 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:letter from dwp for additional info
janeyk wrote:

Hi, I have just received a letter saying that they have "recently received information which casts doubt on your continuing entitlement to DLA"
Is this a standard re assessment or has somebody informed on me?
I have to complete a form again the same as my original application. It has taken me 3 attempts and 4 years to finally get DLA and now i have received this.
Any ideas. Thanks. Janeyk

This is not a standard letter that you would receive from the DLA Unit, just to review your current entitlement.

It could be that the original award is incorrect, and an attempt to revise the award on the grounds of ignorance/mistake as to a material fact is being considered. In this respect, did you receive your DLA award from the DLA Unit or did you have to appeal and a tribunal awarded you DLA? How long ago was it since you received your award of DLA?

This is also a standard letter that could be issued if there was a question of suspected fraud. However, the standard procedure would be to be visited by a DWP compliance officer in the first instance, or summoned to an interview under caution at which you would be entitled to legal representation. Furthermore, it would be questionable as to whether you would be required to complete a further DLA claim form in these circumstances.

I think it would certainly be in your best interests to contact the DLA Unit to enquire as to why they are doubting your entitlement, as really their actions cannot be properly explained in an open forum, and are open to conjecture.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ProfessionalCripple
13 years 8 months ago #23672 by ProfessionalCripple
Replied by ProfessionalCripple on topic Re:letter from dwp for additional info
Crazydiamond wrote:

janeyk wrote:

This is also a standard letter that could be issued if there was a question of suspected fraud. However, the standard procedure would be to be visited by a DWP compliance officer in the first instance, or summoned to an interview under caution at which you would be entitled to legal representation. Furthermore, it would be questionable as to whether you would be required to complete a further DLA claim form in these circumstances.

There is also an implication, due to the standard text used, that this may be a case being dealt with under The DLA "Correctness Programme" - and that a claim of fraud has been made by a person or persons unknown.

Since 2009 when reports are received that fall below the threshold for an automatic investigation of Fraud ( due to lack of credibility and evidence ) there are still some 400 cases ( at least) being selected for investigation.

Minutes of the 3rd PDCS Advisory Forum 11 November 2009

"The Hotline Follow Up initiative involves an extension to the procedures to be followed when an allegation of fraud is made to the National Benefit Fraud Hotline. Currently when fraud allegations are received, the information is scored against a set of fixed measures and when there is robust evidence to support a Fraud investigation, the case will be referred on. However, there are a number of cases that fall short of the criteria required for an investigation, but have enough information to bring entitlement into question. The DLA correctness programme Hotline Follow Up initiative is a test to look at 400 of these types of cases. Where there is evidence to suggest a customer’s needs have changed, we will write to the customer to review the case. If the evidence the customer provides demonstrates a change of circumstance a review/supersession will be instigated."

tinyurl.com/26hoxmr - Page 5

It's also worth Googling "DLA correctness programme" to find out more.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.