× Members

Sudden change fron SDA onto Incapacity Benefit

• Jaco Collins
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #24043 by Jaco Collins
Can someone tell me why my son as just suddenly been changed over from SDA which he has been receiving on top of his DLA since 1992. We received a letter only the other day telling us that he had now been changed over onto Incapacity Benefit. Are they allowed to do this without first informing us. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24062 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Sudden change fron SDA onto Incapacity Benefit
Jaco
Collins wrote:

Can someone tell me why my son as just suddenly been changed over from SDA which he has been receiving on top of his DLA since 1992. We received a letter only the other day telling us that he had now been changed over onto Incapacity Benefit. Are they allowed to do this without first informing us. Thanks

You are entitled to an explanation as to why your son has been transferred from SDA (which was abolished for new claimants in 2001) to IB, but as long as he is receiving the same amount of benefit, it may be advisable to let sleeping dogs lie in these circumstances.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.