Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC: yipee My supersession 4 DLA success

yipee My supersession 4 DLA success 9 years 4 months ago #24488

• paula7777
I was awarded DLA over a year ago and was only awarded low rate mobility so i asked for a reconsideration using the help on the website it was granted as LRC and LRM so over the last 9 months I have become more poorly 3 weeeks in ITU and a addidtional diagnoses of chrones disease on top of already having ulcrative colitis , anemia, inflamation in joints and bipolar. So i applied for a supersession in early april this year well this morning the magic brown DWP letter arrived :cheer: :laugh: :woohoo: and I have been granted high rate care back dated to april and awarded for 2 years I am so happy ! At last some sort of recognition by the DLA how poorly I am I feel like I have found the golden ticket and off the chocolate factory !

THanks so much to the forum and website i sould not of done it without you!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: yipee My supersession 4 DLA success 9 years 2 months ago #27693

• paula7777
even more good news now my partner has been awarded carers allowance too, and it was back dated till april and this is all due to the great help and advice available on this site thanks again B&W x

Re: yipee My supersession 4 DLA success 9 years 2 months ago #27695

• sue615
Hi Paula,
Well done, nice to hear some positive news. At least you can relax a little and enjoy your golden ticket.
Kind regards

Sue X

Re: yipee My supersession 4 DLA success 9 years 2 months ago #28132

Hi Paula,

Thank you for coming back and sharing your latest bit of good news with us. I hope you and your partner treated yourself a bit when you got your carers back pay.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:yipee My supersession 4 DLA success 9 years 2 months ago #28137

• Bad Back Bill
Good one Paula,
every success gives us the will to keep on trying.

Best Wishes

Bill

Re:yipee My supersession 4 DLA success 8 years 7 months ago #55139

• paula7777
A neighbour of mine received a letter from the DLA he gets HRM the letter said they had awarded him the claim indefinite even though his claim was not up for renewal till 2012. He was very pleased about this but a bit dismayed as he had not had any paperwork off them or anything is this a normal thing the DLA do

Thanks paula

• Page:
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS