× Members

Kicked out of ESA Support Group - So Angry

• Eyupmiduck
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #24868 by Eyupmiduck
Replied by Eyupmiduck on topic Re:Kicked out of ESA Support Group - So Angry
Hi Doke

I've just e-mailed the local Disability Direct to see if they offer a representation service and if they don't do they know who does. They close at 4 so I won't hear back until tomorrow. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eyupmiduck
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #24869 by Eyupmiduck
Hi Derek

Thanks for the support and words of advice. I'll get down to some preliminary reading so I can get a rough idea of what's involved. ;)

• Eyupmiduck
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #24870 by Eyupmiduck
Hi CD

I didn't make that bit very clear, did I? The rate I received in the Support Group was £193.70 per fortnight. This has now gone down to £182.80 per fortnight, trimming my money by £10.80 a fortnight, or £21.60 a month. :angry: Not much I can do for now until I get the decision letter. ;)

• Eyupmiduck
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #24872 by Eyupmiduck
Hi Mickyc

You must be psychic! :laugh: Have just poured a large G&T! I thought it was a bit early in the day before, even for me, hence the cuppa instead. :P I've calmed down a bit since earlier on - don't want to add stratospheric blood pressure to my list of ailments! :)

• Georgina
13 years 7 months ago #24874 by Georgina
Replied by Georgina on topic Re:Kicked out of ESA Support Group - So Angry
The government seem hell bent on making life a misery for those of us who are already struggling with life. And all to save a bob or two for the treasury. Why don't they make the same effort to get the young and fit unemployed into work rather than force those who are ill or above 60 to work until they drop? Oh I know! Because if we drop dead early from stress related illnesses, they will save on our old age pensions!
I sincerely hope that you appeal and are successful. Common sense says you should be, but that of course doesn't come into it. Sorry to be so sarcastic, but I got turned down at tribunal yesterday and I'm still smarting.

• Mary U
13 years 7 months ago #24900 by Mary U
Sorry to hear about your experience. Can I suggest that you get hold of your medical report from your first medical which should give the reasons why you were put in the Support Group. They will still have a copy that they can easily print off. You can compare it with the medical report that put you in the Work Group. There is a particular page that talks about
if working would be detrimental to your health but you do need to look at the report as a whole. Take them both to CAB or equivalent who hopefully will be able to see the difference.
One example of someone being put into the support group could be that they were in hospital at the time and not the deterioration of their illness was at. But nothings that simple with ESA.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.