× Members

Conundrum for ESA/JSA

More
13 years 7 months ago #25294 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re:Conundrum for ESA/JSA
Hi BTD, What ou have to remember on this site you hear of the worst cases, if you follow all the guides and supply as much information as possible including as much Medical evidence as possible it does usually turn out OK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Barkthedog
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #25315 by Barkthedog
Replied by Barkthedog on topic Re:Conundrum for ESA/JSA
Thank you Jeff. Of late though I have turned into a glass half empty type - and with so much in the media lately regarding disability type benefits, I find myself a a complete negative over this entire process.

It was strange really, when I originally applied for some financial assistance I never even considered ESA et al, (I didn't even know about it) it was the guy who took all my details over the phone that insisted I took this route due to pre-existing physical problems. Such was the extent of my own determination to do something to generate an income.

We shall see I suppose, only a couple of days to go now.

BTD

• tilly
13 years 7 months ago #25324 by tilly
Replied by tilly on topic Re:Conundrum for ESA/JSA
:laugh:

Hi BTD

I must admit when I was asked at my first medical if I wanted to go back to work, I said an emphatic yes, now I would say, I would love to be well enough.. but I am not well enough.

They asked me all the 'Do you watch TV, do you feed yourself durign the day, do you have a dog to walk, what are your hobbies, how much time do you spend on a PC... etc'
They did ask do I do stairs during the day, etc' They seemed to slip in alot of questions towards the end.

Do I think I will be better soon...do I believe that treatments will work?

Good luck - let us know how it goes.
tilly
xx

• Barkthedog
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #25333 by Barkthedog
Replied by Barkthedog on topic Re:Conundrum for ESA/JSA
Thanks Tilly. Yes will update after the dreaded assessment this Thursday.

BTD

• linsky
13 years 7 months ago #25345 by linsky
Replied by linsky on topic Re:Conundrum for ESA/JSA
tilly wrote:

:laugh:

Hi BTD

I must admit when I was asked at my first medical if I wanted to go back to work, I said an emphatic yes, now I would say, I would love to be well enough.. but I am not well enough.

They asked me all the 'Do you watch TV, do you feed yourself durign the day, do you have a dog to walk, what are your hobbies, how much time do you spend on a PC... etc'
They did ask do I do stairs during the day, etc' They seemed to slip in alot of questions towards the end.

Do I think I will be better soon...do I believe that treatments will work?

Good luck - let us know how it goes.
tilly
xx

Tilly, can I ask how you fared at your medical answering the way you did? I would have answered in the same way as you did (hopefully)

Regards
linsky

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.