× Members

How long are others waiting for appeal?

• John
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #25231 by John
Juat wondering what timescale others are waiting for re DLA appeal...

My initial claim goes back to november 2009 and rejected so I appealed. When I got my papers etc all through the letter said it was likely to be July 2010 befor eit would be heard and to call if I had not heard from them then. I waited as I know they are pretty inundated now but just called them up and was told they have dates fully booked right through to november so it is definately not before then.

I have to await a further letter with a date sometime soon but not sure it is even going to be this year now...

What timescales have others had to wait? It seems from some posts that others who aplied after my date have been rejected had appeal etc before now.

Is this a normal timescale now, it is going to be more than 1 year from appplication to first appeal hearing.

Thanks for any info guys?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tilly
13 years 7 months ago #25240 by tilly
Replied by tilly on topic Re:How long are others waiting for appeal?
:)

Hi,

I submitted my appeal and apparantly won my appeal some 3.5 months later without a Tribunal, as they had lost some critical documentation (or Atos) had...... Noone even told me I had won..... I called them again as I was puzzled by getting more forms to do all over again.. Atos had started the process again as soon as I won apparantly!

Tilly
x

More
13 years 7 months ago #25293 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re:How long are others waiting for appeal?
Hi John, Appeals do seem to be taking a long time depending where you live phone the the office and tell them (if you are of course) willing to to take cancellation dates if you have an adviser check with them first. The system just seems to be buckling under all the pressure at the moment with IB/ESA and DLA, It says alot for the GOVT figures they want people off benefits and back in work, But i dont think they thought it through that people have a legal right of appeal and quite rightly are using those rights. Best Wishes

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.