The forum is in read only mode.

× Members


12 years 1 week ago #25261 by Lynne
IB50 was created by Lynne
I have recently passed the PCA and it clearly states on the letter that I will continue to receive my benefit which is SDA.

I have now received a letter to go for a medical, when I questioned that I had passed the PCA I have been written to and told that I have to satisfy TWO criteria. First I have to satisfy the PCA which I have. Secondly I have been told I now have to be assessed that I am 80% disabled so should have in respect had TWO MEDICAL. If I am assessed as not being 80% disabled I will lose my benefit.

Has anyone heard of this procedure, if the letter tells me I have passed and will continue to receive benefits and now have been told that I have to have a medical ( I did not have a medical for the PCA and I think maybe I should have had a medical and the DWP are backtracking to get around this as they have stated in the letter that they usually carry out TWO medicals at the same time but due to administrative reason it was not possible to arrange both medicals simultaneously). I am completely confused as two people (one DWP & one Medical Services have told me it was a mistake) does anyone know where I stand, the medical is scheduled for 16th August. Thanks
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #25277 by jima1
Replied by jima1 on topic Re:IB50
Hi Lynne,

Severe Disablement Allowance (SDA) is not a benefit that any moderators know much about, as our expertise is DLA/AA, benefits for incapacity for work, which are IB/ESA, Carers Allowance and appeals for these benefits plus I'm also familiar with Industrial Injuries Benefit. We also have a specialist in War Pensions etc, but sadly he is in hospital and is likely to be off sick for the foreseeable future.

These are the only benefits on which we can provide definitive information to complement that given in our guides in the 'members only' area. See FAQ

DirectGov has a section on their website Severe Disablement Allowance

If that doesn't answer your query I suggest Community Legal Advice who have lawyers who have good knowledge of all social security benefits.

Good luck.


PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by jima1. Reason: Corrected typo.
Moderators: GaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenPeteKatherineSuper User
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.