× Members

Atos medical

• lindyloo48
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26422 by lindyloo48
Atos medical was created by lindyloo48
Well after my husband lost his appeal in May, He applied again for DLA we sent of walking test, letter from doctor, and photo's of the sores he gets on his stump area. Only for them to lose the paperwork sending it to blackpool by mistake!!! not convinced my husband is eligible they decide he still needs another medical. So I called Atos and told them as I suffer from Fibromyalgia I would be recording the medical to ensure it was carried out correctly this time becuase I can forget things (the last medical I secretly recorded only to to find this website after appealing)I could have challenged the medical report!
Well the doctor came I told him our intention to voice record the medical to which he replied I have been told to refuse a medical if you wish to record it. So I politely showed him the door. We now await the next decision. Having already had the documnets since June!.looks like waiting even longer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26478 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Atos medical
Hi Lindyloo,

Well, that was certainly a principled stand you took. Let us know what happens.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• lindyloo48
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27085 by lindyloo48
Replied by lindyloo48 on topic Re:Atos medical
Well I called Atos back after waiting a few days for a response after the Doctor had been, they advised me I needed to call customer service's/complaint's. They in turn advised me that we have to pay for it to be recorded by professionals as the tape could be tampered with mmmmmmmmmm cannot if you have the know how any tape be tampered with????. So where does this leave me now?.
So I called DLA Blackpool again who contacted the Birmingham office dealing with the claim, I advised them of the situation and told them that I was quite suprised that they wanted a emp to visit after all the evidence supplied. Doctors letter, Walking test and photographs of all the times since christmas whem my husband has had sores on his stump area. This has happended several times this year a lot more than last and at one time was unable to wear his leg for 12 weeks! So they said they weill send it to the doctors upstairs and take their advice on it!!! and so we await the outcome!
linda

More
13 years 6 months ago #27105 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re:Atos medical
Hi lindyloo48, I think the way you and your husband are being treated is disgusting have you contacted your MP(or called his/her office) With a view of a formal complaint against the DWP and ATOS. I admire your stance keep fighting and keep us all informed. Best Wishes

More
13 years 6 months ago #27117 by kerryman
Replied by kerryman on topic Re:Atos medical
Just try writing to ATOS saying you have found a proffesional sound recorder but they reguire the technical specs from ATOS.
Could you please send me the technical specs so i can pass them to the sound recordist.
SEE what their resonse is...The bluff may be may be worth a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IgglyPop

More
13 years 6 months ago #27121 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Atos medical
One of the conditions to recording medicals, in addition to having a sound engineer with all the high-tech equipment, is that the doctor has to agree. And they are discouraged from agreeing. So even if you comply with all their rules it is unlikely that you would get permission.

As nobody knows the name of the doctor carrying out the assessment until the day, I would imagine that ATOS expect you to go to the expense of hiring the sound engineer just for the off-chance that a doctor will be willing to be recorded.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.