× Members

Appeal advice please

• kathy1
13 years 7 months ago #26814 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re:Appeal advice please
Hi,

I would strongly urge you to stick with an oral hearing. This is my own opinion based on my own experience but I honestly believe that to get a favourable decision you have to attend and give oral evidence. I believe that the reason so many are being pushed to tribunals is so that in addition to what they have said on paper, they can be assessed in person as a person.

Please re-think your decision, and I wish you all the best.

Kathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #31855 by Feebs
Replied by Feebs on topic Re:Appeal advice please
Thanks to Derek,Jima, Dragon & Kathy for your replies with advice.

An update
Before I requested changing to a paper hearing I got a letter with date of my appeal hearing on 22 October. I decided not to ask for a change and attend the appeal.

I am very pleased I did as I was successful with my appeal. I was very nervous not knowing what to expect, the Judge and Doctor were very nice to me and all in it only took 15 minutes from going in till they called me back to give me the result.
Thanks again to everybody.

More
13 years 6 months ago #31859 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Appeal advice please
Hi Feebs

Congratulations, I'm really pleased to hear of your successful appeal.

It must have taken a lot of courage to opt for an oral hearing, but it may well have made a difference.

Best wishes

Derek

• Dragon
13 years 5 months ago #32301 by Dragon
Replied by Dragon on topic Re:Appeal advice please
Hi Feebs

Congratulations and well done. I am delighted for you!

Best wishes

Kaz & Gaz

• kathy1
13 years 5 months ago #32304 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re:Appeal advice please
Ahhh, brilliant Feebs. Glad you decided to attend the oral hearing and won your case, well done.

Kathy x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.