× Members

Worry

More
13 years 7 months ago #26807 by Timewarp
Replied by Timewarp on topic Re:Worry

... isnt that a contradiction of what you said earlier? Or not?

Confirmation, not contradiction;they have the power, and the choice of whether to wield it fairly.

But I seriously doubt that the Government (previous or present) and its advisors subscribe to quite the same definition of "fairness" as most of the governed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tony
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #26809 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Re:Worry
You sound like a strong person I am not.

• mairit
13 years 7 months ago #26811 by mairit
Replied by mairit on topic Re:Worry
Worry States>

"I cannot help feeling concerned, as to why people feel they have so much to fear. Being honest and truthful regarding a benefit application is surely the most logical approach to take,.. and indeed the only one".

Sorry, to say that being honest does not work and I personally think you are a tad naive. I have a copy of the outcome of my Tribunal.

A) I was told by both the DWP, my GP, my Consultants that the DWP would contact them and I did not require to personally collect all my medical information. Knowing what the DWP are like, I persisted but came up against a brick wall.

B) I have it in black and white where I am basically called a liar by the Tribunal and that what I had stated was at best fantasy.

The fact is NOBODY contacted my GP nor my consultants and I was castigated because I did not present any medical evidence.

I told them the truth from the A to Z of my medical conditions.
My appeal failed thus I applied again but this time I got myself a lawyer, who in turn gained all the medical evidence that was never obtained by the DWP.
6 month after the Tribunal, I was awarded DLA.
So, this notion that if you tell the truth then you should have nothing to fear sort of goes over my head.
Please don't take this personally it is just that I still have the notes of the Tribunal hearing and they still stick in my throat.
Best of Luck

• martha
13 years 7 months ago #26825 by martha
Replied by martha on topic Re:Worry
survivor- my aim was for clarification on timewarps point re power and truth. there was no personal offence intended. apologies if this was the case. An email is unemotional. however,i was trying to lighten things up by adding the 'or not' bit. i agree it may have come across as sarcasm not wit as wished for..
Timewarp is obviously a Philosophical person and i really enjoy reading what he has to say,moreover, he creates a healthy debate on a lot of topics, (although I sometimes dont understand all of it, he has me running for the dictionary!!)

More
13 years 7 months ago #26839 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Worry
I have watched this thread with some surprise, I'm not taking sides. if indeed there are sides to be taken, but would make this personal comment.

I have suffered from ME/CFS for over 12 years, and depression for the last 11. The whole process of applying for ESA has, if I am generous, left my phsych extremely fragile. When I recieved notification that I had received 0 points on my claim, I came close to suicide, If I had not found so many stories of people with worse conditions than mine, also scoring zero, I think I probably would have ended it.

Everytime a brown envelope comes through the door, the trepidation and fear rises to the point where I can barely cope. My feelings are not reasonable, I have done nothing wrong, I have told the truth (possibly to my own detriment), but that's how it is for me.

I'm sure that many of the others here also suffer from depression, whether they know it or not, and I can easily understand how nervous they may feel at yet another attempt by the DWP, real or not, to take away their benefits.

Just a personal thought.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tilly
13 years 7 months ago #26848 by tilly
Replied by tilly on topic Re:Worry
I have not claimed anything which is means or income tested, so I am presuming that therefore my expenditure (of my partners income) is up to me (and them!!) not the DWP! I have just claimed non income related ESA and boy is that proving a battle. :laugh:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.