× Members

Appeal Lapsed - what does that mean

• tilly
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #26826 by tilly
Hi Everyone

I made an ESA appeal when they gave me no points after a medical... in July I was told that the appeal found in my favour... now after months of chasing them to get any money or information, they have given me some backdated money... but they have suddenly told me on Friday this week (so 2 months afer telling me the appeal found in my favour/won it) said that they have LAPSED my appeal - I have not won it (due to DWP losing documentation).. so now they will only pay me just over £65 a week, not the over £90 I was expecting and say I must have another medical. I have the medical being booked and a new ESA50 sent in... but I wonder what does this mean?

All the best to all
Tilly

Mod edit: moved to Benefit questions forum
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Derek4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #26832 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Appeal Lapsed - what does that mean
Hi Tilly

Please post benefit questions to this forum rather than the discussion forum.

I think you may need to see a benefits advisor who can look at the documentation you have. An appeal lapses when the DWP change their decision in your favour. I'm puzzled how they later say that you have not won it if they sent you a letter telling you that the reconsideration is in your favour.

They can't change their mind about a decision, but only make a fresh decision. And I doubt they can stop an existing award for ESA because they lost the paperwork, so it might be a good idea if you take all the letters you have regarding your claim to an advisor.

Best of luck

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.