× Members

Notice of impending renewal of DLA/ESA

• lainie
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26833 by lainie
My DLA (HRC and HRM) runs out on 1 April 2011. When would they send me the forms to be completed and returned or notification of a medical to be undergone?

Also, my ESA has been running since September 2009. When phoning the office which deals with my claim a few months ago, the lady said that I would have to attend another medical in May 2011. When would they notify me of that? Would it be in the April?

Just wondering what other people's experience of this is.

Many thanks for your help. Lainie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• martha
13 years 6 months ago #26835 by martha
Replied by martha on topic Re: Notice of impending renewal of DLA/ESA
i have always had my dla forms 4 months before the award ran out.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26836 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Notice of impending renewal of DLA/ESA
Hi Lainie

I don't know about DLA, for ESA they would have to send you an ESA50 about two months before a medical (if it's scheduled) as you have six weeks to fill in and send the form.

It is possible that when they say you will have to attend a medical in May 2011, they mean you will be sent a form at that time. Either way, you can never be certain when you will be reassessed as they often have backlogs to clear.

Best wishes

Derek

• lainie
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26867 by lainie
Replied by lainie on topic Re:Notice of impending renewal of DLA/ESA
Thankyou Martha - that's a long time - what if something changes in the meantime?
Thankyou Derek, very useful info! Lainie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.